The department accepts applications for its doctoral degree program (PhD). The department does not offer a terminal master’s degree (MA). Students interested in a MA degree only should apply to the East Asian Studies Interdepartmental Program, which is housed in the International Institute at UCLA.

Students who are interested in pursuing doctoral level work are encouraged first to contact the relevant faculty members or the Director of Graduate Studies before submitting an application to the Graduate Division at UCLA.

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

external fellowship sources as well.